Monday 11 April 2011

PRINT TO PIXEL - Cell Animation.




We had a cell animation work shop in which we drew out 36 frames on paper overlaying them so we know where to draw, which were to be scanned in for a later date. I created a couple of pages of character ideas (using simple shapes) to begin.





Here is the character I chose to use for this cell animation. I drew him from all angles so that when I was drawing him I would know what to draw from any angle.


I decided that the ghost would float across the screen to a mirror, scare himself and then end up crying at a close up. I drew this is 3 frames to give myself a basic idea of how to work it. I will draw 24 frames from the start to the middle and then the final 12 to get to the end frame.


I will scan these final frames in and piece them together using animating software - when I have done this I shall upload the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment