Monday 4 April 2011

PRINT TO PIXEL - Research.

I looked into some artist research to inspire me in creating my own animation. Both of these artists I came across due to "Stumbleupon" - I saw them by accident and realised that they actually relate really well to this module. 

Terry Border
He adds simple wires, sets and props to inanimate objects giving them personality (anthropomorphizing) - I really like how he does this, here are some of his pieces.





I may use some of these techniques when creating my animation and then use photography to create a stop motion video... we'll just see.



Ryan Woodward
When I saw the stop motion video that Ryan Woodward created using drawing I was inspired. The drawings are fairly simple yet he brings them to life brilliantly. By using different colours for both characters it makes them stand apart from each other and the use of a plain, neutrally coloured background also aids in this. Here is the video.


Here is the link for the video as well :

I would love for my final piece to flow in the way this one does. It's extremely inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment