Friday 18 March 2011

Final PAPER poster - task 2!

For the poster, I took the sculpture that I had created (relating to 100) and photographed it using a Nikon D60 to get good quality images. I had never used one of these cameras before but the workshop we had on using them became extremely helpful. I have learnt new skills that I hope to use again. 


This was my original image. I really likes the shadow detail on it and the way the Black sculptures stand out against the white background. I also think that it was lit very well, showing all of the beautiful angles and curves.


I cloned out the imperfections of the image such as the wall and the edges of the paper, also continuing the shadow to make it look professional. I then took the "100 years" and altered the opacity as to let the image shine through. By using the dropper tool I could also keep the purple colour continuous throughout the poster.


This is my final poster, I decided to layer the font over each other like the poster design I looked at earlier. I like the way that where the layers cross the font is darker. I also added the date and place to the final poster. I placed these in the bottom left hand corner to balance out the image. I chose not to put the logo of GFSmith on the poster as I thought it may look too busy and I think that might distract away from the beautiful shapes found in the sculpture.

I am very happy with my final piece and I think that it could be easily used as a poster to advertise GF Smith. If I was to do this project again, I might consider using different backgrounds to photograph it against or even more lighting to possibly create more striking shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment